Sylatech has a unique and comprehensive range of in-house microwave design, manufacture and test capabilities for the supply of waveguide components and assemblies. This includes thermal modelling and analysis of high power devices. Our capability affords exacting control over fine tolerances which are required to achieve strong electrical performance.
Sylatech’s custom blend of investment casting, precision machining and advanced metal joining techniques afford the designer to choose the most advantageous construction method. Depending on the type of product, whether it be a simple bend, complex OMT, rotating joint or complete antenna, assemblies can be joined in various ways. These methods include flame or dip brazed, soldered, welded, mechanically fastened or adhesively bonded.
Each assembly is quality checked and tested at several stages. Our attention to detail is critical to our success and customer satisfaction.
- Sophisticated lost-wax investment casting process, creating robust, fine surface finish and thin walled waveguide components
- Extensive CNC precision machining facility, with large bed machining facilities for larger slotted antenna designs.
Techniques Commonly Applied
- Flame braze AMS2672 and dip-braze AMS2673
- Soldering / welding
- Precision forming through bending, twisting
- Advanced metal joining including mechanically and adhesively bonded assemblies
- Assembly and test of integrated sub-systems using Sylatech manufactured components.
Quality Certifications and Techniques
- AS9100 accredited
- Comprehensive verification and validations including CMM mechanical inspection, thermal modeling and analysis of high-power devices, destructive and non-destructive testing, temperature testing, pressure testing and electrical testing to 40GHz.
Aluminium, and OFHC (copper) material assemblies available. Aluminium 6082 T651 per BS EN 485, 515 and 573.