Operating from the heart of the North Yorkshire Moors in Kirkbymoorside, Sylatech has a global customer base across multiple business sectors including Aerospace, Space, Defence, Medical, Automotive and Construction.
As a trusted partner for delivering high quality systems and components to exacting standards, Sylatech often partners on programmes with international partners and our customer base spans all tiers of the manufacturing supply chain.
Sylatech need enthusiastic, bright, self-motivated individuals to join its team in Kirkbymoorside working in the Machine Shop, Paint Shop and Tool Room.
Duties include, but are not limited to: –
- Clean, prepare, mask and paint small intricate products in line with Production requirements
- Preparation of the paints using various measurement methods thickness gauges, gloss gauges to check the make-up of the paint, mixing the appropriate materials for the job etc
- Ensure a clean as you go policy at all times
- Carrying out the maintenance of all equipment used, keeping safe and in a secure holding whilst not in use
- Have the ability to troubleshoot any problems that the equipment may have
- Ensuring the safe handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals and waste
- Working within the recognised safe systems of work
- Ensuring at all times that the correct PPE and safety equipment is used
- Undertake other duties as and when required
- A high energy, motivated individual with excellent level of written and spoken English
- Confident with a proactive attitude, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management ability, positive, flexible and adaptable
Hours worked Monday to Thursday (7.00am – 5.30pm – 40 hours per week)
Job Type: Apprenticeship
- Keen to learn
- IT Savvy
- A passion for engineering
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- GCSE Maths English A* – C grade
- GCSE English A* – C grade
All applications/ CV’s should be sent to Suewilliamson@sylatech.com. Tel 01751 432355.