Reporting to: Technical Sales, Manager – Engineering
As Product Engineer you will use your technical knowledge to engineer products through the investment casting and machining processes, with emphasis on existing products to achieve the quality required by the customer and maintain best margin possibly by using the most efficient methods. This would be documented through quality plans (route card) and works instructions created by the Product Engineer.
This will involve the following tasks:
- Oversee the re-engineering and optimising of existing product through the use of improved more efficient methods and techniques that lead to improved yields
- responsibility for any FAIRs, PPAP or other quality documents required by the customer. Working closely with the QA department also take responsibility to resolve any complaints;
- Creating works lists and quality standards
- Once methods are proved the Product Engineer will need to support production, process and QA staff with a certain level of training
- Assist with the development of new parts
- Continuous Improvement of parts to include identifying and investigating bad yields
- Liaising with wax room and tool room to design and organise tool mods/repairs and follow these through, trial and sign off
- Design and trail new setups for parts, box temps, pouring temps etc. Following through results documenting and concluding
- Engineering out of issues with parts in all departments
- Design, and manage the manufacture of jigs and fixtures, training techniques and documenting work instructions. Fettling, Sizing etc
- Make sure QPs are up to date and relevant in all areas
- Make sure wax setup documentation is up to date
Interaction/Relationships with other Departments:
This role will be involved with all departments across the Company.
How to apply:
All applications should be by letter to the HR department enclosing an up to date CV which details experience and qualifications.