Reporting to: RF/Microwave Engineering Manager
- To provide technical advice and assistance in pursuance of existing and new business, ensuring the effectiveness and competitiveness of the proposed technical solution.
- To carry out, as the electrical authority, the design and development of RF microwave waveguide components, assemblies and sub-systems.
- To verify new designs by the appropriate means (such as calculation, simulation, similarity and read across, or hard model prototypes) per the agreed specification.
- To complete all necessary documentation (such as compliance matrix, design review, acceptance test procedure, reports) in accordance with company procedures.
- To validate initial product by test according to the agreed acceptance test procedure.
- To support production activities with regard to troubleshooting during electrical test.
- To assist in the planning and review of new product developments.
- To review new technologies, appropriate to business needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified in Electronics, Electrical, Physics or similar discipline or equivalent experience in RF and Microwave design of passive waveguide devices and sub systems.
- Working experience with passive waveguide devices such as tees, couplers, power dividers, rotary joints, loads, waveguide to coax adaptors, transducers, comparators, antenna.
- Experience in microwave simulation and design tools such as Ansoft HFSS or CST.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, with colleagues (both technical and non-technical), management and customers.
- Capable of working to strict project deadlines.